AMI 6-12 Orientation Course
We are offering an AMI 6-12 orientation course. This course will be held on site at the International Montessori Institute in Delft when possible. When necessary, we will offer this course online.
This course will give you an overview of Montessori principles as well as how to apply them into practice with children in the age of 6-12 years old.
This course is suitable for everybody who is interested in children and their development.
Who is this course for?
This course is meant for everyone with a profound interest in Montessori education.
If you are already working in a Montessori environment, this course will enrich your knowledge on Montessori’s educational method and will help you to apply the method with the children.
If you are interested in possibly attending an AMI Diploma Course this is a great preparation!
The orientation course covers
- Maria Montessori – Her Life and Work
- Montessori’s theory of human development
- Four planes of Development
- Human needs and tendencies
- Prepared environment
- Role of the elementary teacher
- Montessori materials
- Cosmic education
- Story telling
- Development of imagination
- Social and moral development
- Principles of the Montessori school
- Going out
- Freedom and responsibility
- Interacting with the child
- Sparking interest of the child
The importance of observation
Our trainer for the 6-12 orientation course is Bo Mynett.
Bo Mynett is an AMI 6-12 Auxilary Trainer with 12 years of experience in the field of education, working with both children and adults. She has been working as an Elementary Montessori guide in the United States (San Mateo) as well as in the Netherlands at Casa Bilingual Montessori School, where she returned as a guide in the Elementary after two years of Training for Trainers in Bergamo, Italy, under the guidance of Baiba Krumins Grazzini. She is now participating in the Seminar Format for Elementary Trainers as well.
In her spare time she rides her horse and she makes materials for her classroom.
The orientation course costs € 800,-
Payments have to be made by bank transfer before the course starts
The fee does include:
– Online lectures
– Video observation
Unless stated otherwise, the tuition fee will not include:
– Books and materials for your own personal use.
If you decide to enroll in an AMI 6-12 diploma course at the IMI (within one year) after completion of the orientation course at the IMI, you will get a 5% discount on your tuition fee for the diploma course.
To be confirmed:
– To Educate the Human Potential
– The Formation of Man
– Education and Peace
Other readings may be included.
The course language is English.
The course consists of
– Sixty hours of online lectures
– Self study
– Nine hours of observation of children and an observation report
The course language is English.
Requirements to get an AMI certificate:
– Minimum of 90% attendance on live online sessions
– Observation tasks are complete and approved
– Three essays of 500 words each
– Material making
If you are interested or if you have any questions please feel free to contact us.
If you would like to apply, please fill out the application form.