AMI 3-6 diploma course
We are offering an AMI 3-6 diploma course.
This course will give you in depth knowledge about Montessori principles as well as how to apply them into practice with children from three to six years of age.
This course is suitable for everybody who is interested in children and their development.
Who is this course for?
Were you always considering to do an AMI course? Are you interested in Montessori for the 3-6 year old child? This is your chance to join our diploma course! You can join the first module online from the comfort of your own home.
This diploma course is for everybody who is interested in the AMI Montessori approach for children in the age between 3 and 6 years. This course is beneficial for teachers, school management, assistants and actually anyone who is interested in young children and their development.
The AMI 3-6 diploma course focuses on the developmental needs of children aged 3-6.
The course offers an in-depth study of Montessori pedagogy, both principles and practice.
The course covers
- Montessori Philosophy, Psychology, Child Development
- Practical life
- Language and Literacy
- Cultural areas such as art, music, science, botany etc.
- Guided practice with the Montessori materials
Observation and teaching practice
In addition to the lectures at the training center, students will visit schools for 170 hours of observation and teaching practice. This means approximately 8 weeks in total.
Please note that all school practice will take place outside of the scheduled module times. Dates for observations and practice teaching will be arranged on an individual basis by the training center.
Our trainer for the AMI 3-6 course is Elina Rautasalo.
Elina Rautasalo is an AMI 3-6 Trainer with over 30 years of experience in the field of education, working with both children and adults in her native Finland and abroad.
Monday 16th of Aug ’21 – Friday 3rd of Sept ‘21 (3 weeks)
Monday 6th of Sept ‘21 – Friday 24th of Sept ‘21 (3 weeks)
Break: 2 weeks
Monday 11th of Oct ‘21 – Friday 22nd of Oct ‘21 (2 weeks)
Monday 10th of Jan ’22 – Friday 11th of Feb 22 (5 weeks)
Break: 2 weeks
Monday 28th of Feb ’22 – Friday 11th of March 22 (2 weeks)
The tuition fee is €9900,-
The tuition fee does include:
– Teaching practice
– Supervised practice sessions
– AMI membership
The tuition fee will not include:
– The Registration fee (€250,-)
– Cost of the AMI Diploma Course examination (€350,)
– Travel and accommodation costs
– Books and materials for your own personal use.
By Dr Maria Montessori:
- The Secret of Childhood
- The Discovery of the Child
- The Absorbent Mind
- The Formation of Man
- Education and Peace
- The Advanced Montessori Method, Vol. 1
- 1946 London Lectures
- Citizen of the World – Key Montessori Readings including The Four Planes of Education (AMI Pamphlet)
By Mario M. Montessori, Sr:
- The Human Tendencies and Montessori Education (AMI Pamphlet)
The recommended source to purchase your books is Montessori Pierson-Publishing. All our students can get a discount code to purchase the required reading.
Requirements for AMI certification:
- Minimum of 90% attendance on the course sessions
- Minimum of 140 hours of supervised practice with the Montessori Materials at the training center
- Completion of albums and other course work to the required standard
- Material making
- Completion of 90 hours of Observation and 80 hours of Teaching Practice
- Successful completion of written and oral exams
Since the AMI diploma (and the AMI courses) are not recognised by the Dutch government, the AMI diploma solely does not allow graduates to work with children in a day-care or school in the Netherlands. However, students that already obtained (for example) a nursery teacher’s diploma or a bachelor of education can use the AMI diploma as a supplement. Some (Montessori) schools in the Netherlands and some (Montessori) schools abroad acknowledge the quality of the AMI diploma’s and prefer teachers who have the AMI diploma in addition to their regular teaching diploma.
From our experience we know that graduates also find employment working with socially disadvantaged children, family support and children with particular special learning needs.
Who can apply?
We require high motivation, demonstrable study skills and a minimum age of 18 years at the start of the course. Relevant work experience is also taken into account. We assume basic study skills and sufficient mastery of the English language.
Applicants need to agree with our terms and fill out the application form. The application documents need to be send to us by e-mail.
AMI Montessori Diploma course applicants are required to provide the following documents by email to apply:
- Application form
- Copy of passport
- Current resume
- Certified copies of all academic transcripts
- Signed reference letter
- Short motivation letter, written in the applicant’s own words
- Successful application interview on Zoom
AMI 3-6 online and on-site
If you are interested or if you have any questions please feel free to contact us.