AMI 0-3 Montessori Diploma Course
The study of Montessori pedagogy and current medical and psychological approaches to child development from birth to three years.
The purpose of the assistants to infancy 0-3 training course is to study, in depth, Montessori pedagogy and practices along with current medical and psychological approaches to child development in the first three years of life.
The course covers
• Montessori Theory
• Anatomy and Physiology
• Child Neuropsychiatry
• Psycho-Sensory Theory and Demonstrations
• Home Environment Theoretical Introduction
• Home Environment Demonstrations
• Communities Theoretical Introduction
• Communities Demonstrations
• Supervised Practice
• Observation and Student Teaching
AMI 0-3 course (2021-2022) dates and modules
Course times: 9:00 – 16:00 Amsterdam time
6th of September 2021 till the 8th of October 2021
1st of November 2021 till the 3rd of December 2021
14th of February 2022 till the 18th of March 2022
25th of April 2022 till the 27th of May 2022
Our AMI Training for the 0-3 course is Patricia Wallner, MA, from Amsterdam, Netherlands.
Patricia studied history, anthropology and sociology at the San Diego State University and gained a Master’s Degree at the Loyola University in Baltimore. She is an AMI 0-3 and 3-6 diploma holder…
Requirements for AMI certification:
- Minimum of 90% attendance on the course sessions
- Minimum hours of supervised practice with the Montessori Materials at the training center
- Completion of albums and other course work to the required standard
- Material making
- Completion Observation and Teaching Practice hours
- Successful completion of written and oral exams
A minimum 400 hours of classroom based training including lectures and supervised practice, and a minimum of 250 hours of observations of children from birth to three years. The estimated study load is 40 hours per week.
There will be theory lectures, practical sessions and material making sessions. Further there is some guided reading. We also invite children to our training center to do some shared observation and teaching practice at the training center. During the observations you see a lot of what you have learned and studied in practice.
By Dr Maria Montessori:
• Education for a New World
• The Absorbent Mind
• The Child in the Family
• The Discovery of the Child
• The Formation of Man
• The Secret of Childhood
• The 1946 Lectures
By Silvana Montanaro:
▪ Medical Text (provided by AMI)
▪ Understanding the Human Being
▪ What’s Going On In There? (By Lise Elliot)
▪ Childhood and Society (By Eric Ericson)
▪ Oneness and Separateness (By Louise Kaplan)
▪ Touching (By Ashley Montague)
▪ Maria Montessori, Her Life and Work (By E.M. Standing)
▪ The Interpersonal World of The Infant (By Daniel Stern)
Because of some global travel restrictions, caused by the Covid-19 pandemic, we have decided to offer some possibilities for online learning in our AMI 0-3 course (Zoom sessions). We
The costs of the course are € 7.900,-*. Students can choose to pay the full amount at once or in four instalments.
* Fees shown here are inclusive and based on the academic year 2021-2022. Aside from the cost of the AMI Diploma Course examination and an administration fee and books and materials for your own personal use, no additional payments are required for any other elements of the course such as teaching practice, supervised practice sessions, etc. Fees also cover student membership to the Association Montessori Internationale (AMI)
*Cost of the AMI Diploma Course examination is €350.
*The Administration fee is €200.